Standard of Excellence ENHANCED Comprehensive
The Standard of Excellence Comprehensive Band Method is our highly successful performance-centered band method, and it is used in hundreds of band programs worldwide. The full series consists of Books 1, 2 and 3.
The ENHANCED version of the original Standard of Excellence Comprehensive Band Method augments Books 1 and 2 with unique interactive technology. The content of the original and the ENHANCED versions is the same, retaining the clarity of presentation and unsurpassed pedagogy and music that has made Standard of Excellence the world's best selling band method.
The ENHANCED version's interactivity includes:
- Accompaniment Recordings: Two CDs contain recordings for every full band exercise in the book. Students can play along with the fully orchestrated accompaniments on the CDs.
- iPAS Assessment Software: This software is loaded onto a computer, and the student will receive a performance score based on note accuracy, rhythmic accuracy and note duration.
Also, all three Standard of Excellence Comprehensive Band Method books are supported by Smart Music © .
Books 1 and 2 combine a strong performance-centered approach with music theory, music history, ear training, listening, composition, improvisation, and interdisciplinary and multicultural studies. The result is the most complete band method available anywhere!
Book 3 is an intermediate level band method that introduces students to Western Music History. Students learn performance and technical skills within the appropriate historical context. While only available in the original version, Book 3 can be used following the ENHANCED version of Books 1 and 2.
Also, an extensive array of repertoire is correlated with each Standard of Excellence Comprehensive Band Method book to provide your program with level-appropriate performance. Click here to learn about the available correlations.
The ENHANCED series is comprised of:
- Student's individual instrumental method books, each with two accompaniment CDs and student's version of iPAS
- Conductor's Score
- Teacher's Edition of iPAS software
- Microphone and holder
- Award medals and pins for student achievement
- Also available is the Standard of Excellence Music Theory & History Workbook
Please see the KJOS Music website for information on purchasing the series offerings.